Kent Miscellaneous Index
for one-name studies and unexpected references to your ancestors,
this index has over 22,000 entries to date and additions are made
daily. The period covered is approximately 1550-1940, though most
entries are in the period 1600-1850. Entries are taken from a variety
of mainly unpublished Kent material including:
Deeds, including a large number from Wingham.
- Quarter and Petty Sessions papers.
- A large number of wills beneficiaries, executors and witnesses.
- Signatories on Settlement Certificates, witnesses to marriages and marriage licence bondsmen.
- Employers, fellow servants, etc. mentioned in Settlement and Vagrancy Examinations.
- Stray marriages and burials from outside the county and a few from Kent registers who were 'not of that parish'.
- Churchwardens' and Overseers of the Poor's accounts.
- Hawkhurst and area members of the Ancient Order of Foresters Friendly Society 1869 onwards (members born 1834-1902).
Miscellaneous documents for Deal, also extracts from Ash near Sandwich and Boughton under Blean parish records.
- Kent-born people enrolled in Sussex under the 1795 and 1796 Navy Acts and in Kent under the 1796 Navy Act.
- Approximately 1850 non-conformist baptisms, burials and teachers and adult baptisms.
- Kent bankrupts 1774-1786.
Indentured Emigrants from Kent to America 1718-1759.
to original documents are supplied and in some cases it may be possible
to provide photocopies of material, at extra cost which will be
advised when replying.
normally sent same day by e-mail, but can be mailed if preferred.
How to order:
fee: £2.50 per entry. Discounts for bulk surname extractions.
Enquirers only - please remit by Sterling bank draft or cash
or approximate value in American Dollars cash.
- Index searches may be purchased on-line at:
look for "Kent Family History Research" in the Main
Hall, Ancestry Arcade section.
Miss G.Rickard, Kent, England
Please contact me by email initially
© Copyright 2000 - 2017 Gillian Rickard
Updated November 2017